Call Now to Schedule Your Free 1-Hour Consultation (718) 414-6642

Call Now to Schedule Your Free 1-Hour Consultation

How to Get Legal Support for Construction Site Accidents in New York

How to Get Legal Support for Construction Site Accidents in New York

Construction sites are hazardous places to work by nature. Employees are always at risk from things like falling objects, unstable scaffolding, and dangerous substances. You should get legal counsel as quickly as you can if you were hurt in an accident on a construction job in New York.

Here are some steps you can take to get legal support for a construction site accident in New York:

  1. Seek medical attention.

Your wellbeing and health are our main concerns. It is crucial to get your injuries looked out for by a doctor, even if they appear minor. This will document your injuries medically, which will come in handy should you choose to make a claim in court.

  1. Report the accident.

It is advisable that you notify your supervisor and the relevant authorities, like the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), about your accident. By reporting the accident, you can help ensure that it is thoroughly investigated and that preventative measures are taken to avoid such incidents in the future.

  1. Gather evidence.

The more proof you can provide to back up your assertion, the better. images taken at the scene of the collision and testimonies from witnesses, medical records, and any other paperwork pertaining to your injuries may be included.

  1. Contact a lawyer.

Legal guidance may help you understand your options and rights in relation to the law. They can also provide you with suggestions on how to go about receiving the pay you are due.

  1. File a claim.

Your attorney will assist you in submitting a claim if you are qualified to do so. This could entail bringing a lawsuit for personal harm, a workers’ compensation claim, or both.

What can you recover from a construction site accident claim?

Should your claim be successful, you can be entitled to compensation for:

  • Medical costs: This covers the price of your prescription drugs, hospital stays, doctor visits, and physical therapy.
  • Wage loss: This pays you the money you missed while you were unable to work due to your injuries.
  • Pain and suffering: This is an amount of money meant to make up for the mental and physical hardship your injuries have caused you.
  • Disability: You might be capable of being compensated for a reduction of your income-producing capacity if your injuries are irreversible.

What elements will influence your claim’s worth?

A number of variables will determine the worth of your claim, such as:

  • The extent of your wounds
  • The entire sum that you have paid for medical care
  • The total amount of lost income you have experienced
  • Your anguish and distress
  • If you have a permanent disability

How long do you have to file a claim?

In New York, you have three years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. This rule does have a few exceptions, though. It’s critical to consult with a lawyer to determine when to submit your claim.

Finding a lawyer to help you with your construction site accident claim.

Attorneys that focus on issues involving accidents at construction sites are numerous. Finding a lawyer with experience of situations like these and with whom you feel at ease are crucial considerations.

Here are some pointers for locating an attorney:

  • Talk with loved ones, coworkers, or friends for advice.
  • Look up attorneys in your area who focus on construction site accident cases online.
  • Look up lawyer reviews online.
  • Make appointments for consultations with a few attorneys until you discover one you get along with.

If a construction site mishap in New York has left you hurt, you have the right to seek legal support. Please get in touch with our attorney if you were hurt in an accident at a construction site in New York at (718) 414-6642.

Justin William, Esq.

Call Now to Schedule Your Free 1 Hour
Peace of Mind Briefing: (718) 414-6642

Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U