What is Premises Liability?
A legal term for property owners’ need to maintain their properties safe for guests is “premises liability.” Should a visitor get injuries while on someone else’s property, the owner can be held accountable for the visitor’s damages if the owner failed to maintain the property in a safe manner.
What are the Kinds of Accidents Under Premises Liability?
Numerous types of premises liability accidents exist, including:
- Slip and fall incidents: These are the most frequent kind of incidents involving premises liability. Numerous things, including uneven surfaces, wet or slick floors, and improperly maintained stairs, can contribute to them.
- Trip and fall incidents: Debris, cords, and carpets on the floor can all contribute to these mishaps.
- Accidents involving negligent security: These might happen when a property owner neglects to provide proper security, like lights or security personnel.
- Dog bites: The owner of the dog is responsible for anything that happens on their property if the dog bites someone.
- Accidents resulting from defective premises: These might happen when a property has a hazardous feature, like a swimming pool without a safety cover.
What Causes Premises Liability Accidents the Most Often?
The following are the most frequent reasons for premises liability accidents:
- Negligent maintenance: The most frequent reason for incidents involving premises liability is this. It can involve things like neglecting to fix damaged stairways or sidewalks, spill cleanup, and debris removal.
- Inadequate illumination: Dim lighting can make it harder to spot dangers, which increases the risk of accidents.
- Insufficient security: Insufficient security can facilitate criminal entry into the property and result in injury to guests.
- Defective products: Unstable furniture or malfunctioning railings are examples of defective products that might result in premises liability incidents.
Does Premises Liability Accidents Result in Injuries?
Numerous injuries, including the following, can result from premises liability accidents:
- Head injuries: The most frequent kind of injuries received in incidents involving premises responsibility are head injuries. They can include serious brain damage as well as minor concussions.
- Injuries to the Spinal Cord: These injuries may result in paralysis as well as other severe impairments.
- Broken bones: Another typical injury sustained in premises liability accidents is a broken bone.
- Soft tissue injuries: Among the soft tissue wounds are sprains and strains that commonly occur in accidents involving premises liability.
What is the Average Compensation for Premises Liability Accidents?
Depending on how serious the injuries are, there are differences in the average compensation for premises liability accidents. But settlements might be as little as a few thousand bucks or as much as millions of dollars.
Which Services Are Available to Assist Premises Liability Accident Victims?
There are several tools accessible to victims of premises liability accidents, such as:
- Attorneys: In addition to representing victims in court, attorneys can assist victims in understanding their legal rights and alternatives.
- Insurance companies: These businesses may pay for missed wages and medical expenditures.
- Governmental organizations: These organizations can help with housing and career training, among other things.
Why Choose US Legal Law for Your Premises Liability Case?
Our skilled attorney at US Legal Law has a track record of winning premises liability cases. Millions of dollars in settlement funds have been obtained for victims of premises liability accidents with our assistance. We are dedicated to giving our clients the best possible legal counsel, and we will stop at nothing to ensure that you receive the settlement you are due.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation (718) 414-6642
If you have been injured in a premises liability accident, contact US Legal Law today for a free consultation. After reviewing your case, we’ll inform you of your legal alternatives. We are here to assist in obtaining the justice you are due.