If you’ve been bitten by a dog, it’s critical to treat the wound as soon as possible to reduce your risk of bacterial infection. You should also evaluate the wound to determine its severity.
In some cases, you will be able to provide first aid to yourself. In other cases, you will require immediate medical attention. You may feel shaken after being bitten by a dog, whether it is yours or someone else’s. If you require medical assistance, call for assistance rather than driving yourself to the doctor or hospital.
Continue reading to find out what you should do after a dog bite and how to avoid infection.
How To Deal With A Dog Bite In The Heat Of The Moment
Depends on the severity of the dog bite, here’s what you should do if you or someone you’re with is bitten. If you are with someone and the bite is severe, have them seek medical attention or call 911 as soon as possible or after that you must consult with a Personal Injury Lawyer to get fair compensation that you deserve.
Is The Skin Torn?
1. Rinse the affected area. If possible at all, do this immediately with warm, clean water and mild, unscented soap.
2. Apply light pressure to the affected area. This temporarily increases bleeding and flushes out excess bacteria.
3. Cover the wound with a cloth. This should reduce the bleeding.
4. After that you can apply an antibiotic lotion or ointment. Once the bite has stopped bleeding, apply ointment and tightly wrap it with a clean bandage.
5. the most important thing is replace the bandage regularly. This is the utmost aspect to avoid germs.
Here’s What You Can Do To Keep Your Bite From Becoming Infected:
See your doctor as soon as possible. Call your doctor if you notice any infection symptoms, which can appear anywhere from 24 hours after the bite to a few weeks later.
Dog bites can increase your chances of contracting rabies or tetanus, as well as:
- The brain inflammation from meningitis
- endocarditis, or heart infection
- staph infection (MRSA)
Seek medical attention immediately if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- redness or irritation
- warmth or tenderness when touched
- bleeding becoming worse
- pain becoming more intense
- visible tissue beneath, such as bones or muscles
- loss of ability to move any bitten limbs
Dogs carry bacteria in their mouths, such as Capnocytophaga Trusted Source, which can cause infections that are dangerous or fatal if left untreated.
Apply For Justice And Compensation
Dog bites can be scary, and if left untreated, they can lead to serious complications. Bacterial infections are a common complication of dog bites, and any sign of infection should be treated as soon as possible. However, a pet bite is never a pleasant experience. Make certain that you seek the justice and compensation that you deserve.
Don’t let that dog ever again terrorize you or anyone else. Hire a Dog Bite Attorney in Long Island, NY to maximize your award and alleviate your pain and suffering. If you’re ready for a free consultation, don’t wait any longer and contact our knowledgeable dog bite lawyers right away.